Friday, September 7, 2007

812 Weather in a Sate of Fear

Message no. 812[Branch from no. 799] Posted by Thomas Culhane (1311520071) on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:36pm Subject: Re: weather

I am no geophysicist, but after I read Michael Chrichton's poorly written thriller "State of Fear" (which is the worst attempt to convince the public that global warming isn't real) I started wondering if people could trigger earthquakes and tsunami's themselves, using some powerful technology. A little websearching revealed that rather than fictional "envirowackos" (as in Chrichton's book) trying to do this, our government has been working on such weapons for the past 40 years. The one that gets the most attention these days is the HAARP project (the weapon is located up in Alaska I think -- sorry Dawn!)

When we were in Italy in 2005 on a Mercy College Faculty trip around the time of the big Tsunami, one of the professors in the Psych department said to me as we crossed the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence -- "some people believe the tsunami was caused by a test of the HAARP weapon." I didn't know what he meant at the time, but I remembered it after I read "State of Fear" and now I am curious.

Here is a website that talks about it, and the book "Angels Don't Play this HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology"

http://www.haarp.net/

Which one of you wrote that post many weeks ago talking about TESLA? Another connection to that discussion and to our discussion of technology and disaster?

Hmmmm...

No comments: