Thursday, September 6, 2007

703 716 Realtional Summaries

Message no. 703[Branch from no. 614] Posted by Thomas Culhane (1311520071) on Monday, March 26, 2007 8:40am Subject: Re: Relational Summary

Thanks Dana, for this more in-depth look at Noise Induced Hearing Loss. It is great to see you guys read the chapter and then riff off of what you read there into an area that was touched on but not fully explored. It really enriches the reading for me to see what you bring to the table when you taste the smorgasbord of ideas in our common reading. It makes the discussions like a meal that turned into a party that became a pot-luck. The barbecue provided the basics but you guys brought a wonderful diversity of foods to indulge in beyond the basic fare! I know what you mean about noticing the incipient hearing loss in our friends and family-- my wife notices more and more that I speak very loudly and constantly say "what"?. I think all those years in the rock band are taking their toll.... :)



Message no. 716[Branch from no. 686] Posted by Thomas Culhane (1311520071) on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:57pm Subject: Re: Adrienne Chapter 11

Terrific relational summary Adrienne -- nice personal touches regarding your visits to Montecello and your daughters experience at the school Jefferson designed. My cousin went there too, so I have visited also and seen the beautiful campus. Thanks for posting the pictures too!

I agree that now that we are conducting online classes more and more our campus can be anywhere in the world (after all, I am currently writing to you from Munich, Germany!), and I also hope, per the discussion with you and Patricia, that we do not sacrifice creating landscaped inspirational learning environments. I am a big fan of the work of Frederick Law Olmsted and have great belief in his theories about using landscape architecture to improve society. Well designed college campuses, like well designed parks, breathe life into an area, don't they?

Thanks for giving us a more in depth look at U of V through your eyes!

No comments: